Alta Rancho Pet & Bird Hospital New Patient Center
Your first Appointment:
If you have not made your first appointment yet, you can do so by calling our reception desk at (909) 980-3575.
In order to speed up your first appointment, it is very helpful if you fill out our new client paperwork before coming in. You can download all of our new client forms by
Click Here for New Client Forms in .pdf format
If you need AdobeReader Click Here
You can fill in the forms directly in Adobe Reader and then either e-mail them to us at email@example.com or fax them to us at (909) 980-3575. Alternately, you can bring them with you to your first appointment.
Before coming please be sure to bring the following:
- Leash or carrier for your pet
- All medical records regarding your pet
- A stool sample in a plastic bag if available
- Your wallet (payment is due at the time of service)
- If you anticipate needing financing to help pay for your visit, please click here to apply for Care Credit on-line. The process takes only a few moments and you will know what credit limit they will extend to you before getting here so you can plan your treatment accordingly.
When you bring in your pet, please be sure to have all dogs on a leash which will not slip off over their head. Please bring cats, birds and pocket pets in a carrier or cage. This will keep everyone safe.
What to expect when you arrive:
- We are very proud of our facility. If you would like a tour during your first visit, please let the reception staff know at the time of your appointment and we can schedule accordingly.
- When you arrive at our facility, you will be asked to fill out new client paperwork (if you have not done so already).
- If you plan on filling out the forms here at the hospital, please come 20 minutes before your scheduled appointment time.
- The receptionists will create you computer file and take a brief history of the problem your pet is experiencing.
- A technician will then weigh your pet and take you both into the examination room where he/she will take your pet's temperature and get a more thorough history from you. The technician will also talk to you about routine health care issues including nutrition, immunizations, parasite prevention, sterilization, microchipping etc.
- Next the doctor will come in and discuss the problem(s) with you and perform a comprehensive physical examination of your pet.
- Then, he/she will develop a diagnostic and treatment plan for your pet and generate an estimate of the charges to perform those services. He/she will review the estimate with you and answer any questions you might have. If you agree to the plan, the procedures will be carried out. In some cases they can be done while you wait, while other times your pet may need to stay with us. Your veterinarian will let you know before starting treatment.
- If your pet is staying with us, you will be asked to sign an authorization for treatment form as well as the written estimate of the charges. You will be asked to leave a deposit.
We hope to make your first visit with us memorable. Feel free to call with any questions at (909) 980-3575, or at any time during your visit as questions freely to any staff member or veterinarian.
We are looking forward to meeting you and your pet(s)!