About Our Animal Hospital in Rancho Cucamonga
General Information & History:
Alta Rancho Pet & Bird Hospital was founded in 1975 by Dr. Richard Hauser to serve Rancho Cucamonga, Alta Loma, Upland, Ontario, Claremont, Fontana, and the Inland Empire. Dr. Reid Shufer took over the practice in 1993 and is the owner and chief of staff. Dr. Kathy Henderson joined the staff in 1998. She is a full time associate and is practice manager.
Alta Rancho Pet and Bird Hospital is a full service veterinary hospital treating dogs, cats, birds, reptiles and pocket pets. The hospital offers cutting edge medical and surgical diagnostic and therapeutic modalitie ranging from preventive medical services such as immunizations, nutritional counseling, parasite control etc, to internal medicine issues as well as bone, joint and soft tissue surgery. (Click here to explore our list of available services). We our housed in a 3200 square foot facility with 3 consultation/exam rooms, complete dental suite, surgical suite, laboratory, pharmacy, isolation ward, radiology department and boarding kennel.
Our well trained staff of 10 dedicated health care providers consists of veterinary assistants, veterinary technicians and receptionists, each of whom has undergone intensive training to provide you with the quality care that both you and your pets both desire and deserve.
To be the leader in veterinary care and customer service in the Inland Empire
- To provide a full range of the highest quality, veterinary medical services and products to our patients and their owners.
- To provide our services with uncompromising attention to detail and service.
- To promote the good health and well being of our patients though continued education of ourselves and our clientele.
- To enhance the quality and length of life for our patients through an emphasis on preventive medicine.
- To treat our patients based on knowledge, experience, and appropriate diagnostics.
- To promote responsible pet ownership and the human-animal companion bond.
- To establish a work environment that is stimulating, rewarding, and enjoyable for all staff members and all those who come in contact with it.
Our practice philosophy revolves around education, prevention and accurate diagnosis and compassionate treatment of your pet’s medical and surgical problems. We take pains to educate our clients and pride ourselves on explaining your pet’s medical condition in terms you can understand. We emphasize preventive medical programs for all ages to keep your pets as healthy as possible.
We understand the challenge of keeping your pet’s at their best and staying within your means. We do our utmost to present you with treatment options that you can afford. We deliver written estimates before performing any procedures so you are never “surprised” by the cost of your pet’s care.
With our on-site laboratory, digital x-ray machine, and color-flow doppler ultrasound, we can get all the data we need to diagnose your pet’s condition quickly and accurately. Our fully equipped surgical department can accommodate anything from routine sterilizations to complex orthopedic and soft tissue surgeries. We look forward to serving you and your pets and forging a lasting relationship with you.