Nutrition is one of the most important factors in maintaining good health for the pets in Alta Loma, Rancho Cucamonga, Upland, Ontario, Claremont, Fontana, and the Inland Empire. Proper nutrients are necessary for every organ system in the body to function properly. Nutritional deficiencies as well as excesses are a major problem in veterinary medicine.
Did you know:
- Over 60% of the pets we see over the age of 3 are overweight?
- Maintaining a pet at his/her ideal body weight can improve life expectancy by up to 20%? That means a 10 year old fit dog could live an extra 2 years at the right weight!
- Most skin problems have a nutritional component to them?
- Pets can become hypersensitive (allergic) to feeds with too much waste product or additives?
- Many gastrointestinal disturbances can be linked in inappropriate diet?
- Nutritional issues are the number one cause of medical problems in captive birds and reptiles?
When we examine your pet, we will evaluate their nutritional status and make specific recommendations regarding proper nutrition for your pet. We have a variety of prescription diets for each life stage and medical condition that we may be faced with.
When we start your pet on a nutrition program, we continue to counsel you on a continuing basis. We encourage monthly counseling sessions with our trained nutritional counselors. They can help your pet achieve their ideal weight and condition. In addition, We have a number of aides available for you to help you keep the nutritional goals in the forefront of your mind.
We recommend Hill’s Prescription Diets. They have the most research and quality control behind them. Click the Hill’s image for a $7.00 coupon towards any prescription diet purchase.