Although regular veterinary care is a great way to keep pets healthy and happy, many pets can also benefit from regular grooming maintenance. Dogs, cats, and birds need regular grooming, bathing, and dental care to stay clean, smell fresh, and be free from parasites. Our animal hospital provides grooming services to pets in Alta Loma, Rancho Cucamonga, Upland, Ontario, Claremont, Fontana, and the entire Inland Empire.
Grooming your pet regularly gives your groomer the chance to examine him for parasites, strange lumps and bumps, and symptoms of skin conditions. Keeping your cat or dog’s fur clean and nails trimmed keeps him comfortable and in the case of dogs, can prevent toe problems. Your bird may also need special grooming attention, dependent on their breed or age.
Our professional groomers will treat and remove fleas from your dog or cat, clip sharp nails or claws, clean up matted hair, trim long coats for the hot Inland Empire summers, or condition your pet’s coat with treatments specifically designed improve the appearance of fur.
Pet Grooming Services in Rancho Cucamonga
At our clinic, we offer grooming services for dogs, cats and birds. Professionals that groom your cats and dogs are trained to prevent and respond to health concerns and maintain optimal cleanliness. Our vet in Rancho Cucamonga will evaluates the needs of your pet, and then recommend a grooming solution designed for your animal.
Dog and Cat Grooming Services
- Flea baths, which remove fleas from your pet’s fur
- Flea control and prevention, which reduces the risk of fleas infesting a pet’s fur in the future
- Medicated baths for different skin ailments that may occur
- Removing or addressing matted fur, which reduces pain and discomfort a pet may experience from clumped and matted fur
- Shave downs for long-haired breeds of dogs and cats during the summer months
- Nail trimming, which keeps your pet’s claws and nails in control to prevent tearing or overgrown nails
- Cleaning the anal sac, which prevents infections and pain, and excessive licking or itching of the rear.
Bird Grooming Services
- Clipping wings to prevent your bird from getting out of the house and flying away
- Trimming a bird’s nails to prevent overgrowth
- Beak trimming, particularly when a bird has overgrowth and faces health risks from the excess growth
- Band removal, which is a delicate procedure and requires a professional to prevent health risks
Bird grooming prevents health risks and allows pet owners to feel confident that a bird will not fly into dangerous objects. It is part of ensuring your bird is healthy and active through life.