Welcome to Our Rancho Cucamonga Pet Hospital!
Welcome to the “New Patient Center” for Alta Rancho Pet & Bird Hospital! Our veterinarians provide wellness care, pet surgery and emergency care for dogs, cats, birds, reptiles and most pocket pets, including mice, rats, gerbils, rabbits and chinchillas.
Veterinary Hospital Hours
Alta Rancho Pet & Bird Hospital is open Monday through Saturday from 8am to 6pm. In the event of a pet health emergency, we provide urgent and emergency care services during regular hours, no appointment needed. Our vaccine clinic is available Monday to Friday from noon to 2pm and Saturday from 1pm to 3pm. For more information on our hours of operation for appointments and surgeries, click here.
New Patient Forms
Save time and complete these forms in advance of your pet’s visit. Our new patient form, surgical form, and member wellness registration form are available here.
Directions to Alta Rancho Pet & Bird Hospital
Alta Rancho Pet & Bird Hospital is conveniently located to serve Rancho Cucamonga, Alta Loma, Upland, Ontario, Claremont, Fontana and the Inland Empire of California. Our address is 8677 19th Street, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91701. For detailed directions via Hellman Ave & 19th Street and other alternative routes, click here.
Take a Pet Hospital Tour
Alta Rancho Pet & Bird Hospital is housed in a state-of-the-art 3200 square foot facility featuring the latest veterinarian equipment as well as our friendly, welcoming staff. See below for a virtual tour or call (909) 980-3575 to schedule an in-person tour today!
Our Veterinary Hospital Policies
Payment for all services is due at the time of treatment. We accept cash, money order, check, debit cards, Visa, Discover, MasterCard, American Express or Care Credit. Financing may be available through Care Credit Inc. A 50% deposit is required for hospitalization/surgery and a 75% deposit is required for boarding. For more information about Care Credit and our payment policies, click here.
Save Money on Your Pet’s Care with Health Guard Preventive Medical Packages
Preventive medicine is crucial to reducing your pet’s risk for illness and more expensive emergency medical care. That’s why we offer comprehensive preventive care packages for puppies and kittens, young adults, adult pets, and senior/mature adult pets. These programs include a 20% savings over our standard routine examination fees, and also include 10% savings on some specialized care and treatment. For more information on our Health Guard Medical Programs, click here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you need additional information? Our veterinary care team is ready to assist at any time: call us at (909) 980-3575. Our FAQs page answers the top questions on how to make an appointment, pet boarding requirements, our location, office hours, financing, and the type of pets we treat. Click here for more pet hospital FAQs.
Our veterinarians have compiled a list of the top online references for veterinary care. Click here for our veterinary resources.
What to expect when you get here:
Your First Appointment:
If you have not made your first appointment yet, you can do so by calling our reception desk at (909) 980-3575.
In order to speed up your first appointment, it is very helpful if you fill out our new client paperwork before coming in. Click Here for New Client Forms in .pdf format If you need AdobeReader Click Here.
You can fill in the forms directly in Adobe Reader and then either e-mail them to us at email@example.com or fax them to us at (909) 980-3575. Alternatively, you can bring them with you to your first appointment.
Before coming please be sure to bring the following:
- Leash or carrier for your pet
- All medical records regarding your pet
- A stool sample in a plastic bag if available
- Your wallet (payment is due at the time of service)
- If you anticipate needing financing to help pay for your visit, please click here to apply for Care Credit on-line. The process takes only a few moments and you will know what credit limit they will extend to you before getting here so you can plan your treatment accordingly.
When you bring in your pet, please be sure to have all dogs on a leash which will not slip off over their head. Please bring cats, birds and pocket pets in a carrier or cage. This will keep everyone safe.
What to expect when you arrive:
- We are very proud of our facility. If you would like a tour during your first visit, please let the reception staff know at the time of your appointment and we can schedule accordingly.
- When you arrive at our facility, you will be asked to fill out new client paperwork (if you have not done so already).
- If you plan on filling out the forms here at the hospital, please come 20 minutes before your scheduled appointment time.
- The receptionists will create you computer file and take a brief history of the problem your pet is experiencing.
- A technician will then weigh your pet and take you both into the examination room where he/she will take your pet’s temperature and get a more thorough history from you. The technician will also talk to you about routine health care issues including nutrition, immunizations, parasite prevention, sterilization, microchipping etc.
- Next the doctor will come in and discuss the problem(s) with you and perform a comprehensive physical examination of your pet.
- Then, he/she will develop a diagnostic and treatment plan for your pet and generate an estimate of the charges to perform those services. He/she will review the estimate with you and answer any questions you might have. If you agree to the plan, the procedures will be carried out. In some cases they can be done while you wait, while other times your pet may need to stay with us. Your veterinarian will let you know before starting treatment.
- If your pet is staying with us, you will be asked to sign an authorization for treatment form as well as the written estimate of the charges. You will be asked to leave a deposit.
We hope to make your first visit with us memorable. Feel free to call with any questions at (909) 980-3575, or at any time during your visit as questions freely to any staff member or veterinarian.
We are looking forward to meeting you and your pet(s)!